Friday, June 28, 2013

Fries on Friday: Introduction

I'm no mathematician, but I know that Oil + Carbs + Salt = a very happy Sarah. I guess that's why I love french fries.

We have a tradition at my house-- not matter how crazy things get, my Mom and I try to go out together on Friday nights. Usually, we end up at McDonald's gorging on some gloriously fried food. :) I must say it's usually the high point of my week. No matter how old I get, I still love my Mommy time.

Now that I've explained my title, here's what these Friday posts will be all about.

Just like french fries, it's often the small things in our lives that add the most sweetness to our days. These posts will be about the current sweet things in my life. Some will be small, others will be bigger, but all make a difference.

I love hearing about what other people are enjoying. It helps me find new products I love and discover inspiration for new ideas.

So....without further ado... The Sprinkle on my Ice Cream Blog presents:
1. New nail polish! I know, it's girly, but I love a new color every now and then. I was caught in a blue-green rut for a while, so it feels good to wear this fun coral color. [Not to mention, I got on sale! :)]



2. Cliff Z-Bars! Yeah, they're technically for kids, but I love them. Not only are they organic, but the taste like oatmeal cookies. Umm, yummy!


3. Braids! Today, I just wasn't in the mood to spend time on my hair, so I braided it. I hadn't done this in while. It feels great to have it out of the way, especially in this summer heat. I might end up doing my hair like this more often.


4. Bracket Frames! This week, I figured out how to make those adorable bracket frames on Photoshop. I've been designing an audition flier for a friend and really wanted a cutesy frame for one of the graphics, but couldn't find a good free one. So, with some experimenting, I was able to create my own really quickly. I'll post a tutorial on Tuesday, but here's a sneak peek.


5. Smoothies! Today I made a really yummy smoothie. I threw 3 strawberries, 1 banana, 1 cup of mango flavored frozen Greek yogurt, and 1 cup of ice into my blender. Talk about delish! I love the refreshing treats we get to eat in the summer.


6. Pinterest! Thanks to our great readers [that's you!], our Pinterest quotes are getting re-pinned a lot. Thanks everyone! I feel like this is a great way to share the gospel on the Internet. I'm super excited. [If you don't already follow us on Pinterest, you can do so, here].

To express my appreciation, here is a new quote for y'all [using my new bracket frame, of course. ;)].



So, there's some of the sweet things in my life this week. What are the sweet things in your life?

-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Comment. I dare you.

[Trust me. I only eat ice cream. Not people.]

Also, if you have a blog, feel free to leave me a link. I'd love to get to know you better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...