Tuesday, June 25, 2013

I'm Back! Girls Camp Review

Hello my long lost friends! I feel like I haven't written in ages. Unfortunately that is true, but I have a good excuse. I promise.

Last week I attending my Stakes Girls Camp and Laurel Individual Faith Experience. It was fabulous. In between manicures, blow up water slides, smoothies, movies, s'mores, and lots of roasted Starbursts [If you haven't tried roasting Starburst over the fire, it's an absolute must. Your life will be changed], I also found a lot of spiritual rejuvenation.

Our camp theme was "It's a Jungle Out There, So Watch Over Each Other and Stand in Holy Places." It was based on this quote:



I must say, the theme was a message that I desperately needed. Sometimes, it is really easy to feel entirely alone and to forget that there are other people around us who need our care and support. I feel a much greater sense of unity now with my fellow sisters than I did before.

I think we seem to get stuck thinking that this life is a race against each other, but it's not. We're against the adversary, not our fellow men. Let us all work together and be united for good. Then, as Emma Smith said, "We WILL do something extraordinary".

TTFN,

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Comment. I dare you.

[Trust me. I only eat ice cream. Not people.]

Also, if you have a blog, feel free to leave me a link. I'd love to get to know you better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...