Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Sweet Finds: A Modest Proposal Book Review


Photo Credit
Saying I love to read is an understatement. Reading is necessary to my survival. Reading is almost as important is air and food. [Although, I will admit ice cream is a close second, you get my point. :D]

Sometimes it can be hard to find books that have a good message but aren't filled with filth and grime. Over the course of the next few weeks, I'll be reviewing some of my favorite books for y'all.

I just finished reading "A modest Proposal: The Butterfly Box Book 1" by Michele Ashman Bell. All I can say is I haven't enjoyed a book this much in a long time.

In this story, Lauren  a successful New York Fashion designer, seems to have her life all put together-- but does she? In just a matter of weeks her life is turned upside down. She discovers her boyfriend has been seeing someone else for over a year, her boss won't let her pursue her dream of designing formal wear, and she receives continual opposition from the fashion industry for refusing to design immodest clothes. Finding comfort in her childhood friends, Lauren receives strength to embrace new changes in her life and finds even more happiness than she could ever imagine.

This book had a wonderful message about giving service and love to family and friends. It also taught me a lot about integrity and standing up for your beliefs even when it is hard. This is a fun, clean chic-flick with a plot twist you won't expect.

Michele Ashman Bell is a great writer. Her style really drew me in-- I couldn't put "A Modest Proposal" down. [I was up until 2:30 am one night because I HAD to see how it ended ;)] Between the weaving of humorous banter into the dialogue and the great subplot of the fashion industry, this book was able to carry an important message about priorities and unfailing love without being heavy or overbearing. 

I would defnitely recommend reading this book. You won't regret it. [Although, you may regret loosing sleep over not being able to stop reading].

-Sarah

P.S. You can find "A modest Proposal: The Butterfly Box Book 1" at Amazon.com in Print and Kindle Versions here. Right now the Kindle version is only $2.99!






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Comment. I dare you.

[Trust me. I only eat ice cream. Not people.]

Also, if you have a blog, feel free to leave me a link. I'd love to get to know you better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...