Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Sweet Finds: The Remarkable Soul of a Woman

Need a pick me up? Let me tell 'ya-- I did last night.You know those days when clothing shopping just doesn't go right? Nothing fits, you feel like a toad, and everything you choose to try on is either way too big or way too tight....yeah, that was me yesterday.

I had to catch myself from falling into the utter, dark depths of despair [okay, so maybe that is an exaggeration, but I was feeling pretty down].

The world tries to get us to base our value on temporal things. Women are under a lot of pressure to weigh a certain amount, dress a certain way, do their makeup according to the latest trends, and of course, always have perfect hair [I mean come on, Disney Princesses! I'm never going to have that much volume. ;)]. Through all of this chaos, it's really easy to forget our true worth and divine potential.

Image Source
The good news is, God doesn't see us like the world does. He believes in us. He knows our true worth. We are His daughters. Daughters-- not friends, not minions, not slaves--We are daughters of Heavenly Father. He loves us. Our size, style, fashion know-how, and possessions don't matter to Him. "...For the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart."

I'm a sucker for bargains and sales. I swear the clearance signs call my name or sing a song or something because I run to them like a mouse runs to a piece of cheese.

Anyway, a couple of days ago I was casually browsing the free LDS kindle books on Amazon.com. I was happy to see that President Uchtdorf's book, The Remarkable Soul of a Woman was available [for free!].

So, last night I opened it up and read it. The spirit was so strong. It was exactly what I needed to hear.

I need to stop thinking about my self so often. It's time for me to look outward and serve others more. When I am focused solely on other's opinions about me, I'm selfishly orientated. Heavenly Father has blessed me with talents, and I'm going to use them to help others.

 Here are some highlights of my favorite parts of the book:





So, if you're in need of a boost, download The Remarkable Soul of a Woman. You'll be thankful you did.

<Insert comical, yet sincere salutation here>

-Sarah

P.S. Click here to see the kindle listing on Amazon. If you don't have a kindle reader, you can download a free reading app for your smart phone, computer, or tablet.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Comment. I dare you.

[Trust me. I only eat ice cream. Not people.]

Also, if you have a blog, feel free to leave me a link. I'd love to get to know you better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...