Monday, July 22, 2013

True Colors by David Archuleta

Warning: A odd, cheesy analogy is forthcoming. Bear with me. 

The world is like a cookie jar. [I already like where this is going....yum!]

Some of us are sugar cookies, some snicker-doodle, some chocolate, some with sprinkles. Thick. Thin. Soft. Crunchy. Star shaped. Round. Square. etc. etc. etc. 

However, often we feel like we have to all be the same cookie cutter duplicates. It's simply not true. 

That's why I love True Colors by David Archuleta. It has the same great message of the original song by Cindy Lauper, but in a fresh new way. 

Image Source
In a world full of people
You can lose sight of it all
And the darkness, inside you
Can make you feel so small

But I see your true colors
Shining through
I see your true colors
And that's why I love you
So don't be afraid to let them show

Your true colors
True colors are beautiful,
Like a rainbow



You don't have to be like everyone else. Please don't feel like you have to conform to the metaphorical cookie cutter of society. Be yourself. Your true colors are beautiful. 

Happy Monday, everyone!

Sincerely,
Sarah

P.S. True Colors can be purchased on Amazon MP3, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Comment. I dare you.

[Trust me. I only eat ice cream. Not people.]

Also, if you have a blog, feel free to leave me a link. I'd love to get to know you better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...