Friday, August 30, 2013

My Favorite Fall Trends

I am so excited for fall! I have a really bad habit of pushing seasons. In spring I can't wait to break out my summer clothes and think I'll never wear anything other than shorts and t-shirts. Then August rolls around and before I know it I'm ready to layer up and wear my boots and sweaters again. Except it's 90 degrees outside. So if I do I'll look scary. Fashion problems. They're crazy sometimes.

So, since I can't actually wear fall fashions yet, I'll just post pictures of them. [That's kind of the same thing, right?] Here are some of my fall 2013 faves:

............................................................................................................

Oh, blessed maxi skirt, how doth I love thee? Thou art comfortable and perfect for those Sundays when I doth not feel like getting dressed. Thou art elegant, yet casual. Sleek, yet comfy. Shall I compare thee to a summers day? [No. Because that would be lame. As you can tell, I stink at poetry. :P]

I love how Abby of Twist Me Pretty styled this magenta skirt. This look is great for spring or fall. I love that maxis aren't just for summer anymore!

Image Source
............................................................................................................

I could live in sweaters. Forever. They're like pajamas for the daytime. Heaven! [Plus, my school has some heating issues, so there's nothing better than a nice sweater to keep one cozy!]

I'm totally loving the casual sweater + jeans and boots combos going on this year. It's such an easy look to throw together that has you looking like a fashionista but feeling fabulously free and comfy.

............................................................................................................

On the same note as comfy sweaters, let me just give a shout out to flannel. I love the look of these casual, yet chic shirts!

............................................................................................................

I also love seeing more neutrals in the stores. I pretty much have to force myself to buy colors. There's something so beautiful about the simplicity of white, cream, brown, and gray. Loving that trend to death! [Hopefully it doesn't go out any time soon. It's been in for a while, but I'm not done with it yet!]

Image Source
Image Source

Image Source
............................................................................................................

And floral. Need I say more? I feel like I'm five and having tea parties again. It's the best thing ever! [Although, at the same time it concerns me that the 90's are already coming back...I'm pretty sure I owned a pair of flower pants when I was three that are almost identical to some that I wear now. Oh well! :D]

Image Source

Image Source

But you know what the best thing about fashion is? It's all up to you. This post is just a collection of my favorite things. Yours may be different, and that's okay. This is meant as an inspiration, not an obligation.

Be wonderful! Be you! Let that style show and remember, modest is always hottest no matter what the tabloids try to tell you.

TTYL! See y'all tomorrow for My Sweet Sprinkles!

-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Comment. I dare you.

[Trust me. I only eat ice cream. Not people.]

Also, if you have a blog, feel free to leave me a link. I'd love to get to know you better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...