Thursday, September 12, 2013

Dancing in the Rain


"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain."

I absolutely love the message of this powerful quote. We don't have to wait for everything to be perfect. We can be happy now.

Honestly, today was a pretty rainy day for me [both literally and figuratively speaking. It did actually storm in my neck of the woods this morning. ;) ]. Anyway, I've got a bad case of the flu and wasn't feeling up to doing a whole lot. Honestly, I don't remember the last time I was this sick. However, instead of moping around being miserable, I tried really hard to focus on the good things in my life. Rather than stressing about everything I wasn't getting done, I decided to enjoy the things that I was able to do. It made all the difference.

I think this quote from President Dieter F. Uchtdorf says it all:


So, yes I didn't get the homework, graphic design, or baking done that I needed to today, but you know what-- that's okay. I am thankful for what I was able to do.

I got to watch the rain from my living room window, work on social media outlets for the blog, eat comfort foods like mashed potatoes, and blog to y'all. It was a good day in it's own special way, and for that I am grateful.

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Comment. I dare you.

[Trust me. I only eat ice cream. Not people.]

Also, if you have a blog, feel free to leave me a link. I'd love to get to know you better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...