Friday, September 13, 2013

My Favorite Modest Fashion Blogs

Does anyone else besides me feel like doing a little happy dance? Boy, it's been a long week. Hip hip Hurray for Friday!

Today I thought it would be fun to share some of my favorite modest fashion blogs with you.

Let me talk extremely honestly for a second. The first time I saw a fashion blog I thought it was the dumbest thing I had ever seen. All I saw was a bunch of crazy people parading around in designer clothes that even if I could afford, I would never know where to buy or how to wear. The lingo confused me to no end and I just couldn't wrap my mind around how reading these blogs would be helpful to me.

I've learned a lot since then. Modest fashion blogs aren't about bragging about brands or forcing you to dress a certain way. They do just the opposite. Since I started reading some Modest fashion websites, I've become a lot better at mixing the pieces in my wardrobe to make them not only more versatile, but also more modest and stylish all at the same time.

So without further ado, allow me to introduce you to some of my stylish blogging friends.



Image Source
Ashley and Gabrielle, the two Christian sisters behind Bramble Wood Fashion, have a great sense of style. Their cute, eclectic mixes of vintage and modern flare never cease to amaze me. Plus, they are great thrift store shoppers! 
In Ashley's own words:
"I want Bramblewood Fashion to showcase my everyday style and encourage other girls/ladies to dress modestly. To show that you don't have to be dressed frumpy to be modest. That you can in fact, follow the trends and still dress modestly - it is all about adapting the trends to your standards & style. BF will also share sewing posts, movie reviews {most of the movies will be from the 1960s and earlier}, my latest baking/cooking, trips across the United States with my family, scans from vintage magazine collection, and what ever else strikes my mood."
If you love mixing old fashions with new, Bramblewood Fashion is for you. [Look at that guys! I rhymed! Just call me Longfellow! Except for I'm short. We'll have to come up with another poetry related nickname some other time.]


. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 
Image Source
Image Source


Wearing it on my Sleeves is a fabulous blog written by Sarah [we have the same name!], a fashion student with an awesome sense of style. The way she layers and mixes clothing and accessories really inspires me. Her unique taste really captures her great personality. Sara's writing style and sense of humor is also very enjoyable. If you want to learn a bit about fashion and have fun at the same time, you'll really enjoy this blog. 


. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Image Source

Natasha Atkerson at What I Wear, What I Do And Why I Did started blogging in 2009. I love her blog because her outfits are very modest and comfy, but also stylish and affordable. She is an awesome shopper that can create great wardrobe combinations for under $25 an outfit!

"I would describe my style as "fashionably modest". You won't find me donning every single fad in the fashion realm-I like to pick and choose my items carefully. I'm a Thriftaholic, cheapskate, who isn't afraid to dig through the sales racks in retail stores, or the piles of clothes at thrift stores. I'm not afraid to try new things (within reason!)....I originally started this blog to help spread the word about modesty. So many people have decided modesty is frumpy-it doesn't have to be!"

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

Image Source

The House of Shoes is a great fashion blog filled with chic styles with a hint of vintage influence. Armed with super cute glasses and a passion for fashion, Sara [another awesome gal with the same name as me! ] creates very unique outfits that are modest and uber cute. [Plus, how can you go wrong with yellow pants? Love!]

So there you have it! Besides Pinterest, these great ladies are pretty much my main source of fashion inspiration.

If you're looking for more modest fashion ideas, check out this great list of LDS Fashion bloggers from Clothed Much

Wishing you lots of joy and ice cream this weekend,

Sarah

4 comments:

  1. Definitely a great set of modest blogs! :)

    Rachel
    http://alamodest.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be checking out these blogs for inspiration, thank you for posting them Sarah! I have a question, you may or may not be able to help. I have problems with my joints (started a few years ago) and have to wear tennis most of the time and my church shoes (although they're mostly for sitting) still have to be VERY practical (cushion, low or no heel). I'm new to gospel standards, as I'm a convert of about a year. I'm still defining my style, iow, I dress too frumpy for my own taste but don't know what to do about it). I can't wear my tennis with most modest/feminine (ie skirts/dresses) outfits I see,but would love to stop relying on jeans. Do you know of modest blogs, which are feminine but adaptable to people with limited footwear choices?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elizabeth! I'm sorry to hear about your joint problems! Health issues are no fun. I, too, am an avid lover of tennis shoes. :) I'm not sure how much help I'll be as I pretty much only wear skirts to church, but Bramblewood Fashion (bramblewoodfashion.blogspot.com) and Fresh Modesty (freshmodesty.blogspot.com) showcase some really great, practical shoe options. Additionally, while she isn't necessarily a modest fashion blogger, I've noticed that Lauren Elizabeth (thelaurenelizabeth.com) sports some really cute flats and sneakers that might fit what you're looking for.

      I hope that helps! Thanks so much for reading! <3

      Hugs!
      Sarah

      Delete

I love hearing from you! Comment. I dare you.

[Trust me. I only eat ice cream. Not people.]

Also, if you have a blog, feel free to leave me a link. I'd love to get to know you better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...