Friday, October 25, 2013

Celebrating 100

Guess what?

We've hit the big 100! No, I'm not 100 years old and I don't have 100 pet butterflies [although that might be pretty cool].

This is the 100th blog post on The Sprinkles on my Ice Cream Blog!

I'm as happy as this ridiculously cute doggy.

Image Source
Or this llama [who I think is more photogenic than me].


Image Source
I think this calls for celebration.

Besides celebrating with ice cream [and yes, I ate it out of the carton], I thought it would nice to do a special post-- one that is long over due.

<Walks up to reader and shakes hand in introductory manner.>

Hello there. My name is Sarah. We've been chatting for a while. You know my name. You've probably figured out that I love ice cream. But other than that, I haven't been the greatest at introducing myself.

When I first started writing this blog, I was worried that if I showed too much of my personality, people wouldn't listen to what I had to say. However, I've learned that authenticity and honesty is more important than being cool [and more fun! You should see how stuffy some of my posts were in the beginning...trying to act all grown up when you're a teen is pretty rough].

For this official introductory post, I could write 100 things about myself, but that seems like a little much. I will spare you the agony [your welcome], and instead do a list of six random facts about Sarah [that you may or may not want to know] since the blog has been up for six months now.

1. I am a Mormon. As a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, I believe that we are literal spirit sons and daughters of God. Because he loves us so much, He sent His son, Jesus Christ, to die for us so that we can return to live with Him someday. The gospel is my strength and my foundation. It is the center of my life. I will forever be grateful for the joy it brings to me.

Image Source
2. I am a Teen. I go to high school, eat pizza, cry over math homework, and occasionally run over curbs [learning to drive is quite the process ;)]. I also listen to lots of Disney Channel music [well, this makes me sound like a pre-teen... Maybe I should acquire more mature music taste. haha]. I'm in leadership for a business club at my school and find myself at home in art class. And I love Seminary.
Image Source
3. In case you were wondering, my toothbrush is purple. [True story. I even went into my bathroom and checked].


4. I'm not one to follow typical trends. I'm the girl who wears her hair curly, owns orange and yellow pants [and wears them as often as possible], doesn't go to parties, spends a little too much time on homework, and can be found jumping down the stairs instead of walking like a normal person. But I'm okay with that.

Image Source
5. Before I die, I want to invent my own ice cream flavor [big surprise there. haha], write a book, obtain a doctorates degree, and go on a vacation to some random place with no obligations other than taking photos for hours on end. I also think it would be cool to visit and do a photo shoot of at least 50 different temples.

6. I once ate an entire pizza by myself. In one day. [This is an accomplishment I am both proud and ashamed of. Mostly proud.]

So there you have it. :) Now, if only we could figure out a way to transfer celebratory chocolate ice cream to you via the internet...

Happy 100 posts! Here's to 100 more.

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Comment. I dare you.

[Trust me. I only eat ice cream. Not people.]

Also, if you have a blog, feel free to leave me a link. I'd love to get to know you better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...