Friday, November 1, 2013

Blog Swap! Making Cookies for Him

Hey y'all,

WhitneySue from Feel My Sunlight and I are doing a blog swap this week! Let me just tell you , she is AWESOME! [More awesome than ice cream!] 

I love Whitney's blog. Every time I read it, I always end up feeling joyful and inspired. It's just like the name of her blog says-- you can literally "feel her sunlight" pouring off the pages and into your soul. 

After you read Whitney's inspiring words, you can also check out my post for today on her blog.

I hope you enjoy feeling our sunlight while enjoying sprinkles on your ice cream. ;) [How's that for combining blog names? :D]

Sarah

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

For those of you who don't know me, my name is Whitney and I am the author of the blog called feel my sunlight. I spend most of my time at the gym either tumbling or babysitting teaching children to do flips. When I'm not at the gym I'm usually planted in front of a computer somewhere poring over the things in blogland. I'm that weird kid that loves speaking in church. I love all things citrus, I love my guitar, and I never leave home without my notebook. I aspire to share the sunlight I have been given with the world around me. This is my sunlight.

Since it is the first day of November I guess this marks the first day of #30DaysOfThanksgiving. The thing I am grateful for today is a word called grace.

I always thought grace looked something like this.



But I have come to find that grace looks a whole lot more like this.


https://www.lds.org/media-library/images/food-drink?lang=eng#cookie-stack-839914
{view original picture HERE}


 2 Nephi 25:23 says:

 "We know that      
       it is by
     grace      
      that we are saved           
      after           
   all we can do." 


I want you to imagine making your favorite dessert.

This is my all time favorite!


Christ doesn't tell you "I will give you the flour you don't have", but rather, he gives you ALL the flour you need, as well as every other ingredient required to make your dessert.

Your part now is to not just take the ingredients you are given and set them on your counter to look at, but to use them to make cookies for him.

This is how grace works.

Christ didn't just pay for part of our mistakes and struggles, but rather, he paid for all of it. He paid for every big sin as well as every little lie told, or every wrong thought. He paid for it all.

Now, because he has paid for everything he can demand something of us.

His only request is to
"Keep my commandments"
-John 14:15


By keeping his commandments we don't repay him for the ingredients he gave us, but keeping his commandments is how we make cookies for him.   

"Making cookies for him" is how we thank him. It is how we show him that we appreciate him for what he did. It is also how we become perfect.

By allowing us to practice with the ingredients he has given us, we are able to prefect our recipe. His atonement allows us to fix our mistakes and to one day become prefect like him.

I know that my Savior paid in full all of my weaknesses and that by keeping his commandments, repenting, by and striving to be a little bit better today than I was yesterday I can show to him that I am thankful for what he did. I think that we all need to be a little bit better at making cookies for him.



WhitneySue,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Comment. I dare you.

[Trust me. I only eat ice cream. Not people.]

Also, if you have a blog, feel free to leave me a link. I'd love to get to know you better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...