Sunday, November 3, 2013

Grateful for Smiles

Everywhere I look, tons of awesome bloggers are sharing something they are thankful for each day in November. Honestly, while I really, really, really, admire everyone who succeeds in this, I don't trust myself to be consistent enough to make it all 30 days. <blushes>

However, my heart is so full today that I can't help posting about one of my favorite blessings.

I am thankful for smiles.

Image Source
I'm thankful for the five year old boy I babysit who grinned from ear to ear and waved at me after church. It made my day.

I'm thankful for the beehive who sat in front of me and shared her radiant spirit. Her sparkly shoes and sweet giggle brought a smile to my face. It's good to be reminded that sometimes we need to take a step back and feel the joy of life without all the drama of high school. They say a little child shall lead them, but today it was a Beehive who lead this Laurel along.

Image Source
I'm thankful for the friend who could laugh at how hungry we were in Sunday School instead of making fun of my growling stomach. [Why must it always make noise in the middle of the lesson's most spiritual part?]

I'm thankful for the odd sounding noise that came from the wall outside of the church bathroom today. Our chapel has been having trouble with the heater breaking and making odd noises. I'm pretty sure the heater was trying to pry itself out of the wall with a pick axe or something during Young Women's. [Either that or somebody gave the CTR 5's sling shots and an endless supply of bouncy balls. Or maybe a family of squirrels made their home in the rafters and decided to play a nice game of bowling.]  Whatever the source of the popping racket, I must admit I am thankful for the laughter it brought to the room. It was kind of a laugh or cry situation, and I'm grateful we could all smile and giggle about it.

Image Source

I'm grateful for the smile that came across my face when I realized my favorite chocolate chip ice cream was still in the freezer and hadn't yet been devoured by my dessert loving family.

I'm thankful for my cat who pounced me like a cougar today and tried to eat the inside of a pumpkin. There's nothing a like a sweet animal to bring a smile to your face. [And you've ever seen a kitty try to eat pumpkin, it is quite an interesting sight. The look on her face was priceless.]


Image Source
But most of all, I am thankful for the gospel. It is the reason I am happy. It is the reason I can smile even amidst adversity. The Lord is my strength and my joy. I will always be thankful for the smile this knowledge brings to my face.

What makes you smile?

Sarah


2 comments:

  1. Haha, YOU make me smile :) I was having a rough day (my calc test did NOT go well...), so I needed to read that post :) thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you Marie-Rose! You just made my day. :)

      Delete

I love hearing from you! Comment. I dare you.

[Trust me. I only eat ice cream. Not people.]

Also, if you have a blog, feel free to leave me a link. I'd love to get to know you better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...