Sunday, November 24, 2013

Magnifying the Good


I am thankful for the frosty air that nipped at my nose and finger tips.

I am grateful for the Sacrament and the opportunity I have to have my sins washed away each week through the atonement of Jesus Christ.

I am thankful for the ice cream that is in my freezer.

I am grateful for the nap I got after church.

But most of all, today I am thankful for the ability to be thankful. [I know... paradoxical, right?]

Really, how gloomy would our lives be if we never felt gratitude for anything? Truly, as cheesy as it sounds, being thankful is the key to happiness. As this quote so eloquently states: 

Image Source
There are so many hard things that everyone has or will have to deal with in this life. Heartache, pain, and suffering are everywhere. However, when we choose to focus on what we do have instead of what we don't, we gain power to rise above our circumstances and become the people God intended us to be. 

I love this quote from President Uchtdorf:


It's super easy to get caught in the trap of "magnifying the negative" in our lives. How would things change if we focused on the things we have to be thankful for instead?

If anyone is guilty of magnifying the negative, it is me. I'm the queen of getting caught up in the woes of something stupid and forgetting all about the blessings that surround me from every angle.

That, my friends, is going to change.

Let's take President Uchtdorf's challenge. Are you in?

Sarah

3 comments:

  1. I'm in. I love that quote! Every week I feature a quote and I chose this one today! You can see it at: http://www.moorelightshine.blogspot.com/2013/11/hump-day-4-from-sprinkles-on-my-ice.html
    Thank you for all your inspiring words!
    -Shelby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sharing the quotes and for your kind compliments! You made my day!

      Happy Thanksgiving, and thank you for reading!

      Hugs!
      Sarah

      Delete

I love hearing from you! Comment. I dare you.

[Trust me. I only eat ice cream. Not people.]

Also, if you have a blog, feel free to leave me a link. I'd love to get to know you better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...