Saturday, November 30, 2013

The Seeds You Plant


I have very mixed emotions right now.

I am elated that my Chemistry Homework is finally finished, but I am currently in the process of mourning the loss of Thanksgiving break. School starts in just about 36 hours! <cries profusely>

To be honest, this morning I spent about an hour stressing over what I had to get done and feeling really sad that vacation was coming to an end. But despite my gloom over school's impending arrival, I am thankful for what I was able to accomplish today. Would you like to see my list?

- Washed hair [It sounds lame, but if you could see how much hair I have, you would understand why I am proud.]

- Fed my kitty cat

- Helped put away groceries

- Learned how to calculate molar mass

- Discovered the wonders of the quantum theory

- Ordered our Christmas cards [It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas!]

- Added a Holiday channel to my Pandora account [Now that Thanksgiving is over, I can finally listen to Christmas songs without a drop of guilt! Cue the Hallelujah chorus!]

- Finished off the Rocky Road ice cream. [Wasn't I such a kind person to make this sacrifice so my family could have more freezer space to put away the groceries? ;)]

- Read the scriptures [An even better feast than ice cream.]

Despite all the little things I got done, I was feeling pretty guilty for not accomplishing more. [Does laundry ever end?]  Then I remembered this quote I found on Pinterest the other day.

Image Source
It is so easy to beat ourselves up over the could haves and should haves of life rather than focusing on the good things we did do and what may result because of it. Never underestimate the power of what you do each and every day.

Yeah, my laundry isn't folded and my room is in dire need of a good vacuum, but the seeds I planted today cannot be numbered.

What seeds did you plant today?

Happily yours,
Sarah

4 comments:

  1. Oh, chemistry class :) I always hated that class. And then I started tutoring chemistry. And now my plans include majoring in chemistry... So yeah...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree whole heartily in the emotions felt when vacation comes to an end. I am currently in denial. I keep telling myself that if I don't think about it it won't happen. Lets see how this turns out tomorrow... haha
    -WhitneySue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I agree. Not thinking about it sounds like a good plan to me. :D

      Delete

I love hearing from you! Comment. I dare you.

[Trust me. I only eat ice cream. Not people.]

Also, if you have a blog, feel free to leave me a link. I'd love to get to know you better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...