Saturday, November 9, 2013

The Sweet Things in My Life: 11/8

Greetings loved ones!

I hail from a land of homework and studying where bloggers get eaten alive and spit out quicker than a gorilla devouring a bunch of bananas. [Do gorillas even eat bananas? According to this photo from google images they do, and the internet is obviously always correct. Yeah...I should probably go to the zoo more often...]

Image Source
Anyway, even though I had to hike many a mountain of schoolwork, this was a pretty good week. Here's what's been making my life sweet lately:

Image Source
1. PLANES

What does a mature teenager do on a Saturday afternoon when she has some spare time on her hands? That's right! Grab a friend and head to the theater to watch a totally awesome Disney movie. But seriously, aren't children's films the best? They completely trump grown-up movies as far as I'm concerned.

I really enjoyed Disney's Planes. It had a really great message about never giving up and believing in yourself even if you're different than others around you. I'd definitely recommend it.


Image Source
2. CLEAN BATHROOM

I know, I'm a riot. My house is the place to party. Come on over and we'll spend Friday night cleaning my bathroom. It sounds pretty lame, but you won't believe the sense of accomplishment I feel right now. I might start cleaning my bathroom for Friday night entertainment more often. [Plus, I found lots of really cool things I forgot I had in my make-up drawer. Yeah, it has been a little longer than I'd like to admit since I went through there. :D]



3. FAMILY PHOTOSHOOT

I finished editing my 6th official family photoshoot today! I'm so thankful for the internship I was able to do this summer. I still have a long ways to go, but I've definitely learned a lot about photography!

Note: In case you were wondering, the family I took photos of did actually have heads and arms. However, for privacy reasons, I could not place the entire image on this blog. On the bright side, at least we can admire their nice shoes from a close-up angle. ;)

Image Source
4. CHEM TEST

Long story short, somehow my school's counselor accidentally placed me in my school's college level Chemistry 101 class. It's been...an...adventure to say the least, but I'm enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would. Since I hadn't taken the required prerequisite courses, it's taken a lot of extra work to keep my head above water. However, I must say that the 91% I got on my test this week made it all worth it.


5. FALL

In my neck of the woods, we're right in that funny transition phase where it's nice and warm [for now], but winter keeps peeking its frosty head at us from just around the seasonal corner. I'm really thankful for the little bits of sunshine we've been getting this week. The wonderful shades of reds, yellows, and oranges on the trees are so breathtaking. [Plus, autumn weather is a wonderful excuse to break out the hot chocolate. Yum!]

What are the sweet things in your life?

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Comment. I dare you.

[Trust me. I only eat ice cream. Not people.]

Also, if you have a blog, feel free to leave me a link. I'd love to get to know you better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...