Thursday, December 12, 2013

Sweet Finds Christmas Edition

On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...

A partridge in a pear tree.

Forget wildlife in foliage-- just give me ice cream. ;)

Here at The Sprinkles on my Ice Cream Blog, I am all about the sweet things in life, be it partridges, golden rings, drummers drumming, or dairy laden sugar. Since the 12 days of Christmas have officially begun, I thought it would be fun to do a giant sweet finds post with 12 things that I love. I know usually people would do one a day until Christmas, but I just don't have that kind of patience. In case you're wondering, I also have been known to cook all my food with the stove turned up on high, even if that means pretty much inevitable burning. [Don't take cooking advice from me.]

So, without further ado....

Sarah's fabulous list of awesome Christmassy things. [Is Christmassy a word? Now it is.]


Image Source
1. THREE CHRISTMAS MIRACLES

I just finished this amazing book by fellow LDS blogger, Rozanne Packman and let me tell you: it is amazing. This collection of short stories is sure to fill you with the Christmas spirit and teach valuable lessons at the same time. The first story is about a military veteran and his journey to forgive himself. Next is a wonderful modern-day relation of Dicken's A Christmas Carol with a fabulous, unexpected twist. Finally, a beautiful story a young mother and her experience serving an older man next door shows just how remarkable the Lord's hand is in our lives. I enjoyed reading each story and pondering them afterwards. If you're looking for a great Christmas read, check it out. It's available in Kindle format, here for only $0.99! Just be sure and grab some tissues, too. :)

6.

2. PIANO GUY'S ANGELS WE HAVE HEARD ON HIGH

My favorite Christmas carol played by some of my favorite musicians? Yes please!


3. SANTA'S LOVE LANGUAGES

I have an obsession with psychology, personality tests, and the like. Thus, this Studio C sketch hit home with me. *help...cant. stop. laughing.


4. CAT SWEATERS

I found this pic via LDS Smile, and now I'm pretty sure I need a sweater like this. Just think of it. I could meander the school hallways and grocery store aisles shouting "Meowy Christmas!". I think that is officially on my bucket list now.


5. THE REASONS BEHIND CHRISTMAS

I found this Mormon Message the other day, and I just love it. How they ever got the presents to do that cool thing at the end [sorry I can't give more details. I don't want to spoil it. :D], I have no idea, but I am seriously impressed. But what's even more impressive is the amazing message this movie has. Christmas is so much better when we remember the true reason for the season.

6-8. QUOTES

Aren't Christmas quotes the best? Here are two of my faves:

Image Source
Image Source

Image Source

Image Source
9. ELF

As you probably already know from Sunday's post, I love Elf. It makes me laugh every time. Plus, I love candy, candy canes, candy corns, and syrup, so I'm pretty sure Buddy and I would be best friends. ;)

Image Source

10. THE 13th DAY OF CHRISTMAS

I read this great book by Jason Wright last year and loved it. Starring a young girl stricken with cancer and a caring Grandma yearning for love, this book is definitely a tear jerker. [In a good way.] The message that the spirit of Christmas should carry on throughout the year is profound.  If you liked Wright's Christmas Jars book, then you'll love The 13th Day of Christmas. You can snag it on Amazon, here.

Image Source
11. CHURCH CHRISTMAS WEBSITE

I love all the new branches of the Church website that are being released! The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints has a great page filled with Christmas music, quotes, art, articles, and ideas for spreading Christmas cheer. This is a great resource for more fully incorporating Christ into Christmas celebrations. You can find it, here.

12. PEACE

Of course, the peace brought through our Savior Jesus Christ is the best present ever. Better than any number of partridges in pear trees, Christ's love shines like a beacon unto all.

May your Christmas season be filled with His love,

Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Sarah! I just about fell out of my chair when I saw your blog post tonight. I'm so excited that you enjoyed my book! Thanks for sharing it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you don't mind...I was just so excited about your book that I had to shout it to the world! I have seriously found myself thinking about the lessons in the stories all week. You are such a wonderful writer! Thank you so much for bringing such wonderful messages of hope and peace into this world!

    Hugs!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Comment. I dare you.

[Trust me. I only eat ice cream. Not people.]

Also, if you have a blog, feel free to leave me a link. I'd love to get to know you better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...