Wednesday, January 1, 2014

14th Year, 14 Resolutions

Happy New Year!

Can you believe it's 2014 already! Cue writing the wrong year on all  my school papers for the next six weeks while I get that in my brain. :D

Since it is the 14th year in the second millennium, I thought it would be fitting to make 14 New Years resolutions. They say that you're a lot more likely to achieve your goals if you write them down and tell somebody about them. How 'bout we kill two birds with one stone eat two cartons of ice cream with one spoon [there, much better] and I write about my goals here?



1. Enter 3 Photography Contests

They have photo contests for teens all over the place, but I'm always too chicken to enter. This year, I'm going to change that. I don't care if I win the contests or not. In fact, I most likely will not win. But entering will be a great way to face my fears. What do I have to lose?

2. Quite Procrastinating on my Homework

I've gotten better in this area of academics lately, but I could still benefit from a lot of improvement. FYI, saving your eight page science lab report until the day before it is due is not a good study method. [Not like I know that from experience or anything....cough...]

Image Source
3. Finish the Book of Mormon

We are studying the Book of Mormon in Seminary this year, and I really want to finish with my Seminary class. The blessings studying this powerful book has brought into my life are amazing. I don't know how I made it without that extra measure of the Holy Ghost before.

4. Start Running Again

I wish I was one of those consistent runners that exercises day or night, rain or shine, but I'm not. <blushes>
I'm more like the run consistently for two weeks and then get bogged down with homework, miss one day, and not start up again for another month type of runner. I'm thinking that should probably change.

5. Finish Personal Progress

I'm so close! The finish line is in sight! I'm really grateful for all the lessons this inspired program has taught me. I am truly a stronger, better person for it.

6. Eat More Vegetables

I'm really bad at eating my veggies. Especially salad. Now that I've been alive for almost 20 years, I should probably mature and stop complaining about eating my broccoli. ;)


7. Go to the Temple More

I live thirty minutes away from one, so I have no excuse for not going more often.  I love the sense of peace I feel whenever I am there. I know it's a small goal compared to the people who go every week, but I'd like to go at least once a month this year.

8. Be a Better Leader

I am head officer for a club in my school district. I've never been in leadership at school before, so this is all new to me. Having committee meetings without prayer and refreshments feels odd...I'm used to planning mutual activities and Young Women in Excellence, not fundraiser dinners. It's a new adventure, but I'm excited to learn all I can about being a good leader. Go team!

9. Get Better at the Organ

I played in Sacrament Meeting for the first time a few weeks ago, and did okay even though it scared the living daylights out of me. I would love to get better at playing with a congregation. It's a good thing practice makes perfect, because I play again next week. Pray for me! :)

10. Worry Less

I am pretty much the worst-case-scenario-Queen and I've got to stop assuming the worst of everything. There is too much in life to be happy about to waste any time worrying. I need to start enjoying the journey more.

Image Source
11. Cook More

I don't want to starve when I go to college, which means I'd better learn how to cook better. If I don't, I'll probably have to eat Ramen and frozen burritos for the rest of my life, and that would be depressing.

12. Speak

I know it sounds weird, but I stink at talking. It's like my un-talent. I'm one of those people that sits in the background and thinks things over while other people do the talking. This year I want to start actually raising my hand at school and church and participating in discussions more. It will be scary and new, but nothing good ever happened in comfort zones, right?

13. Get my Drivers License

I've been driving for about 18 months now. As scary as it is, it's time for me to get my behind down to the DMV and take that drivers test.

14. Trust

I've always had faith that Heavenly Father can help me, but trusting that He will has been a much harder lesson for me to learn. I want to get better at trusting God. After all, He's the most trust worthy being in the entire universe.

What are your goals? Here's to a lot of growth, happiness, ice cream, and blogging in 2014!

Sarah




6 comments:

  1. Wow! You are so inspiring! I think I might steal some of these!

    One of my resolutions was to keep up with a blog! Check it out:

    Markthisdaytakehisname.blogspot.com

    I'm so excited! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you Eliza! Feel free to steal any resolutions you'd like. ;)

      Thank you for leaving me your blog link! I can't wait to check it out!

      Hugs!
      Sarah

      Delete
  2. These are such great resolutions! I may be copying some of them :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shelby! I love the 12x better post you did on your blog! I'm definitely going to be applying that to my goals. Happy New Year to you, too!

      Hugs!
      Sarah

      Delete
  3. Awesome list :) I haven't made any New Years resolutions yet.... I gotta do that, hehe :) I needa work on Personal Progress a TON..... Granted, I started late, but still :)

    <3 Marie-Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marie-Rose! I think it is awesome you are doing Personal Progress! Your enthusiasm inspires me! Thank you for being such a good example!

      Hugs!
      Sarah

      Delete

I love hearing from you! Comment. I dare you.

[Trust me. I only eat ice cream. Not people.]

Also, if you have a blog, feel free to leave me a link. I'd love to get to know you better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...