Sunday, January 12, 2014

Let it Go



I've been a little <cough, cough> obsessed with Disney's Frozen lately. Princess movies have always been some of my favorites, but the music in this one was phenomenal! In fact, I loved "Let it Go" so much, I can hardly get it out of my head. [Not that that's a bad thing...wait, can you use two "that's" in one sentence? I am so grammatically confused...]

Anyway, while I was watching Frozen, I couldn't get over how much I identified with Elsa. Her fears were holding her back. She was shutting people out and keeping to herself because she felt she had to. At first, I was like, "hey, I could build an ice castle and never go to school again". That's a great coping strategy, right? Yeah, probably not the best long term plan. [Plus, I don't have magical freezing powers. Bummer.]

After I got over my odd ice castle cravings, I started thinking about the fears I needed to let go in my life. Is it time to let go of my insecurities? To start living up to my potential? To be the best version of me?

Then I got super overwhelmed. There was so much I needed to let go in order to be the best person that I could, I had no idea where to start. Know the feeling?

Last night I saw this quote on Pinterest and it got me thinking about the song on a whole new level.

Image Source
As members of the church, we are blessed with some knowledge that Elsa didn't have. We don't have to let go of things all by ourselves. Our Heavenly Father and His son, Jesus Christ stand by with open arms ready to help us reach our full potentials and  make it back to our heavenly home in safety.

I think it's interesting that at the end of the movie, what ends up taming Elsa's powers and saving Anna from being frozen forever is an act of true love. There is no act of love more true than that of the atoning sacrifice of our Savior, Jesus Christ.

Because of Him, we can let all of our fears, doubts, pains, and heartaches go.

Let go, and Let God.

Sarah

4 comments:

  1. I just watched Frozen and it was seriously one of the BEST movies I have ever seen! I also LOVED the music! I love the perspective you put on it and I think it is SO true! That quote was awesome (and so true) and your blog is AMAZING! You have such a talent for writing and I read every single post!
    Thanks for all the hard work you put into this fabulous, amazing, wonderful blog!
    -Shelby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Shelby! You just made me day! <3 Thank YOU for reading and for the wonderful blog that you write! You are super talented, and I love reading your posts, too!

      Hugs!
      Sarah

      Delete
  2. I love this soooo much! And I love Frozen. Oh goodness. Probably at an unhealthy level. Anyhow, you remind me of my hometeacher. (What? Weird? Okayy?) No really. He loves to bring disney princess movies and show a clip or two, and then have us find gospel principles in them. It's fabulous! Finding gospel principles outside of a "church setting" is great. A person can find good, Godly things everywhere! For example, I'm reading a huge biography about Mozart's life (#nerdstatus), and I have been finding gospel principles in that. Super cool! So, yeah. I love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you liked it! I had fun writing it. :) I agree, gospel principles can be found everywhere. Mozart's biography sounds super interesting! I think I'm going to have to read that.

    Hugs!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Comment. I dare you.

[Trust me. I only eat ice cream. Not people.]

Also, if you have a blog, feel free to leave me a link. I'd love to get to know you better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...