Saturday, February 15, 2014

Sweet Finds: Eyes Like Mine by Julie Wright

Image Source
I love me a good book to take my mind of homework every now and then, and Eyes Like Mine by Julie Wright did not disappoint.

This story follows two amazing women with very different lifestyles who defy spheres of time to change each other's lives.

Fighting feelings of hopelessness and confusion after her parent's recent divorce, Liz King is struggling to keep her head above water. With no friends or family to turn to, she feels she is facing her heavy burdens all alone.

Meanwhile, Constance, Liz's fifth great-grandmother, is facing danger at every corner as she crosses the plains to join the saints in the Salt Lake Valley. With the recent disappearance of her husband, Constance feels she cannot take one more step towards Zion, even though her baby daughter is depending on her.

At the pivotal moment of their distress, these women's lives are miraculously brought together as they embark on a journey to change their futures. With lessons learned and bonds formed that outlast generations and time constraints, will Constance return to her pioneer home, or will she be staying in present-day Utah forever?

Image Source
I have to stop typing now so I don't spoil the plot for you. You can grab the book for Kindle at Amazon for only $2.99, here.

I loved this book. When I read the description online I was really worried it would be cheesy and cliche, but it wasn't. It was a beautiful story about the ties that hold our families together and how each one of us can turn to God for strength in adversity. I highly recommend it. [And I may or may not have cried at the end...;) ]

What good books have you read lately? I'm always up for a great read!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Comment. I dare you.

[Trust me. I only eat ice cream. Not people.]

Also, if you have a blog, feel free to leave me a link. I'd love to get to know you better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...