Tuesday, February 11, 2014

The Very Best Valentine

Happy {Almost} Valentine's Day!

I wish I had a better reason for being so randomly absent these days, but honestly I have come home from school and fallen asleep pretty much ever single day this week. #ithinkschoolisslowlykillingme #onlyonemoresemester

Aside from my apparent sleep deprivation, during the short periods of time I have actually been awake past 6:00 pm, I have been doing some thinking... I saw this quote on Pinterest last year, and I've been wanting to do a post on it ever since.

Image Source
Valentine's is a cool holiday because it focuses on love and kindness towards others, but I especially love how this ties it into the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Heavenly Father gave us the greatest valentine ever by sending His only begotten son, Jesus Christ, to be our example, friend, and savior. Christ felt all of our pains and heartaches and offers us a matchless gift of everlasting love. 

As I'm sure you're aware, Valentines are usually a two-way tradition.  [Unless you're me and eat all the chocolate yourself :P]  So then I started to wonder, since God gave me the best valentine ever, if I could send one to Him, what would I say? There is so much to thank Him for-- His kindness, His forgiveness, His loyalty, His love. How could I put it into words? And then once I did, how could I give it to Him?

The answer came quietly, but was dear to me just the same. My life. I want to live in such a way that my life is one giant valentine of appreciation and love for Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I want to be an instrument in their hands for good. I want to serve them. I want to show them my love by keeping their commandments. (See John 14:15)

Will I be His  valentine? I sure hope so. 

Sarah

4 comments:

  1. That quote is super awesome. I LOVE IT.

    Also PS, #senioritis :) you, too, huh? :)

    <3 Marie-Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. You surely are His valentine. Thank you for this touching post. I loved this. :)

    I wanna be His valentine too.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Comment. I dare you.

[Trust me. I only eat ice cream. Not people.]

Also, if you have a blog, feel free to leave me a link. I'd love to get to know you better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...