Saturday, March 29, 2014

General Women's Meeting

All I can say is "wow". [And don't worry. It's the good kind of wow, not the sarcastic kind.]

I am completely amazed at the strength and faith carried by the women of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. The power felt in the General Women's Meeting tonight was so strong.

Honestly, I must say I was nervous about combining women ages eight and older for the general meeting. I have always cherished the specific counsel given to young women each April, and I rather selfishly longed to keep that spiritual awesomeness to myself. Tonight, all my worries were washed away. We are all daughters of our Heavenly Father, and as Henry B. Eyring so eloquently stated "we are more alike than different".

I loved this quote from Rosemary M. Wixom:
Image Source
How cool is that? Unstoppable. When I hear that word, I often think of super heroes like Spiderman and Wonder Woman. As cool as they are, I think we, as women of the church have even more power, for like Sister Wixom said, we have God on our side.

So how do we have access to this strength? Sister Wixom gave the answer in her talk:

Keeping our covenants is the link that gives us access to God's power. Through our faithfulness, we can become truly unstoppable. Hand in hand with each other, and with God, we can truly do amazing things.

As sisters in Zion-- daughters, sisters, mothers, friends, and children of God, let us all work together to maintain the feelings of unity we have felt this night.

Sarah

6 comments:

  1. I absolutely love that quote about being unstoppable. I've been rather overwhelmed recently with all the stuff I have to do, and I don't feel unstoppable, but if I turn to God, I can be. To me, "unstoppable" implies some sort of forward momentum, being so productive and accomplishing so much that you want to keep going, to do more, and never take a break. I wish I felt like that on a regular basis, but that feeling is so rare and so hard to hold onto.

    <3 Marie-Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great point, Marie-Rose! I wish I felt unstoppable more often, too. I'm so thankful for the atonement and the opportunity it gives us all to become better. <3

      Hugs!
      Sarah

      Delete
  2. I too was a little disappointed when they announced all the women were going to be combined, but I think it was so much more special! I loved the music and the unity I felt! It was amazing! I loved the unstoppable quote! It is so true! We CAN do anything together with Heavenly Father's help!
    Keep being amazing!
    -Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Womens meeting was fantastic! I can't wait until conference next week! Good post!
    -Whit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, WhitneySue! And I can't wait for conference, either! I'm so excited! :D

      Delete

I love hearing from you! Comment. I dare you.

[Trust me. I only eat ice cream. Not people.]

Also, if you have a blog, feel free to leave me a link. I'd love to get to know you better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...