Monday, March 3, 2014

My Sweet Sprinkles

I was looking at my calendar the other day, and suddenly the running dialogue  in my head  [please tell me that's normal] went something like this:

<Calmly>
Oh, look! It's only the 25th of February. There's still a good solid week left in the month. Plenty of time to get stuff done.

<Less calmly>
Wait a minute...5 days isn't quite an entire week. Just kidding. Work faster.

<Frantic as a cat at the edge of a swimming pool>
Holy popcorn, Batman there's only 28 days this month. That equates to approximately 72 measly hours left in February. What am I going to do?

And so there you have it, folks. Reason #34561572 not to put things off until the end of the month. Lesson learned.

Besides noticing how quickly February flew by, I also realized it has been forever since I did a My Sweet Sprinkles post, which is totally lame. So here are 5 things that have made my life sweet this week.

1. LET IT GO BY ALEX BOYE

Since it's technically Music Monday, I'll start with a favorite music video. This cover of Frozen's Let it Go by Alex Boy√© is so amazing. Of course, Let it Go is wonderful in and of itself, but let me tell you, the addition of the African chants and the children's choir make it even better [if that's even possible]. Plus, that girl's voice is totally amazing. And Frozen is one of my favorite movies. And, well, you get the idea. ;)



2. SCALLOPED POTATOES

Last night my family went to Golden Corral. [FYI: It's pretty much my favorite place ever because you can eat unlimited amounts of ice cream. Finally, someone understands my passion...] 

Anyway, I was happily scooping globs of my favorite foods onto my gently warmed plate, when suddenly a depressing sight plagued my starving eyes-- the mashed potato container was practically empty! I grabbed the plastic serving spoon and desperately attempted to retrieve the remaining morsels of creamy goodness. As I sadly sulked back to my table, from the corner of my eye I noticed a different tray next to the steaks. Upon further observation, I learned that the dish had potatoes, cheese, and some sort of creamy, buttery sauce. Count. Me. In. Moments later, my taste buds experienced the joy that is scalloped potatoes and my life was forever changed.

Now that I've experienced the awesomeness, I think I'm going to have to try this recipe from Olga's Flavor Factory

3. PIANO

Though it's not a person, my piano has become one of my very best friends. From Mozart to the Hymn book, every song I've learned has taught me an important lesson. Most of all, there's something about pouring your heart and soul into a song, whether it be through performing or simply listening, that is so relieving and rejuvenating.

4. THE BOOK OF MORMON

Honestly, there are some days when I'm just so tired, busy, or whatever else that my scripture study falls to the back burner. I've been trying really hard to be more diligent about my scripture study lately, and it has made all the difference. Even though the Book of Mormon was written by confusing grown-ups thousands of years ago, its words are true. They apply to my life. They have answers to my teenage problems and my personal struggles. They are the words of Christ. Hand in hand with the Bible, the scriptures hold the words of God. Studying them more this week has brought me so much peace. 


5. LOVE FROM AFAR BY STUDIO C

I'll wrap things up with a sketch that made my smile  laugh until I cried. Words can't even describe this. All I can say is watch it and make sure you have someone standing by in case you start hyperventilating from giggling too much. #youhavebeenwarned


What's made your life sweet this week?

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Comment. I dare you.

[Trust me. I only eat ice cream. Not people.]

Also, if you have a blog, feel free to leave me a link. I'd love to get to know you better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...