Monday, March 31, 2014

Things are Gonna Get Better by David Archuleta


Since Elder...err I mean David Archuleta came home from his mission last week, it seems fitting to do a Music Monday on one of his songs.

[Random side note: I've been laughing at myself all week. All I've heard the other girls say are remarks about how they can marry him now and stuff like that, and I'm just over here with my ice cream thinking, "man, I hope he makes a new album soon. I can't wait for more music. So there you have it: My love life (or lack there of) summed up in about two sentences. :D]

Anyway, one of my favorite songs of his is Things are Gonna Get Better. I love the upbeat feel and the comforting words.

Everybody's got a time in their life
When everything hurts and nothing's right.
But you gotta walk on, yeah you gotta walk on.

Everybody's got a piece of their heart
That's been stepped on and torn apart.
But you gotta be strong, yeah you gotta walk on.

That is so true. We all have struggles and difficulties that we must face as part of this mortal journey here on earth. Even amidst all the heartache, it is so crucial that we never ever ever give up. Ever. [haha I sound like Taylor Swift.]

I'm reminded of a quote by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf:


No matter what is going on in your life or what trials may be coming your way, I hope you will always have strength to "rise up" and "dust yourself off". Things will get better as we move forward with hope in Christ.

But I know things are gonna get better,
And I know things are gonna be fine.
And I know life is gonna get better,
Standing here together
Yeah we're gonna be fine.

Give the song a listen. You'll be glad you did.

Sarah

2 comments:

  1. I love that song!! I had never heard of David Archuleta till one of my friends had a CD of his playing when I went over to her house (The Other Side of Down). Now, I'm a country girl, so I wasn't a big fan, but she let me borrow the CD for a lil while and I kinda fell in love with a couple songs, to the point where they're on my iPod now :) I'm not one to randomly dance to a song in front of other people, but Something 'Bout Love just makes me wanna dance!!!

    And also, I needed to hear your message today. I just walked out of a nasty calc test ten minutes ago and I'm sooo not excited to see my score tomorrow.... So yeah, fun times :)

    <3 Marie-Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marie-Rose! I hope everything worked out with your test!

      I was hesitant to try David Archuleta's music too, but was hooked within about 30 seconds. Something 'Bout Love is definitely a great song to dance to!

      I love country music, too! What are some of your favorites? I enjoy Rascal Flatts and Taylor Swift. (Don't judge. haha :D)

      Thanks for reading!

      Hugs!
      Sarah

      Delete

I love hearing from you! Comment. I dare you.

[Trust me. I only eat ice cream. Not people.]

Also, if you have a blog, feel free to leave me a link. I'd love to get to know you better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...