Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Just Poppin' In

I looked out the window and what did I see....


Popcorn popping on the apricot tree!

Speaking of popcorn, it feels like forever since I've popped into this corner of cyberspace. How have you been, internet peeps?

I promise I have a good reason for my lack of writing. I have been in Indianapolis for a National Leadership Conference in conjunction with Business Professionals of America. I was honored to place 2nd in the nation for my division! <Enter full celebratory parade complete with trombones and a person riding an elephant. Not because that actually happens in real life, but this is a day dream, so, you know...>

Anyway, on that happy note I thought it would be fun to give you a little update on my life. Here are 5 things that are making it sweet right now.

Image Source
1. CHEDDAR CARAMEL POPCORN

I'm sorry....one more popcorn reference and then I'll stop. I have now discovered another food I cannot live without. On a throne very near that of my beloved ice cream resides this masterpiece of snackfood: G.H. Cretor's Chicago Mix popcorn. When my parents brought this odd flavor combination home from Costco I thought they had lost their marbles, but with one taste my teasing was silenced. It is absolutely ah. maz. ing.

Image Source
2. LDS GOSPEL APP AUDIO

A couple of weeks ago I started putting the Book of Mormon on audio as I got dressed each morning. I have been shocked at how much more I have felt the spirit. My days go so much better when I make the scriptures a part of my routine.

Image Source
3. CHEMISTRY T-SHIRT

Sometimes my nerdy side takes over. I must admit it went a little crazy when I was on eBay.com a few weeks ago. Long story short, I am now the proud owner of this fabulous frock.

Image Source
4. GRANITE FLATS

It's not secret that I love me some BYUtv and Granite Flats is definitely no exception to this universal law of my world. The mystery of each episode draws me in like a bee to the honey [or a Sarah to the ice cream carton...] It is a wonderful series that takes places during the Cold War era. Between satellites, spies, and secrets, every episode leaves my mind whirling in a happy flurry while I try to guess the outcome of the season. It airs every Sunday. You can watch the full episodes online any time, here.



5. THE SOLUTION TO I DON'T KNOW

The phrase, "I don't know" is officially going to be out of my vocabulary. How long do you think it will take me to memorize this most classy alternative?

What makes your life sweet?

Sarah

6 comments:

  1. Yes yes yes!!! The mysteries in each episode keep me on the edge of my seat! I love granite flats!!!!!!! So much fun! (I recently got my mom sucked into it. Perfect!)

    I love popcorn trees. I'm just going to call them that. They've always been special, and I think that song helped a little bit ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not alone in my Granite Flats obsession! :D Isn't it great? And yes, popcorn trees are totally amazing! Thanks for reading!

      Hugs!
      Sarah

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, the chem shirt... :D As a soon-to-be chem major, I NEED ONE NOW :D

    <3 Marie-Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha I love the chem shirt, too. :D If I could I would wear it every day, but then I would be wearing it constantly, not periodically, so...

      Delete
  3. OH! Great post..I was so impressed I've found this kind of blog..Thanks.

    Ice Cream

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Comment. I dare you.

[Trust me. I only eat ice cream. Not people.]

Also, if you have a blog, feel free to leave me a link. I'd love to get to know you better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...