Sunday, June 15, 2014

Currently

Hey folks!

I honestly thought summer would be less crazy than the school year, but between the ACT, college tours, church callings, camp, and home reconstruction, I am stretched as thin as a spaghetti noodle on a diet right now. The good news is, this is the last week of intense craziness. Then, I shall finally be able to return to the regular blogging schedule of yesteryear in all it's tutorial-laden glory. [knock on wood...] Aaahhh, it will be wonderful. I can't wait.

Despite my lack of time, I'm still itching to write. To get me though until the waves of business cease, have you seen those "Currently" posts that have been popping up all over the blogging world lately? I know I'm super late hopping on the train...like it's already 100 miles from the station and quickly on its way to not-trending-anymore-ville, but I just can't help myself. I want to try one. So here goes.

Currently, I am....

Listening to: The soft hum of the new air conditioner. I know, you were expecting to read about some awesome new song or something, but when your furnace has been out for a few weeks while a replacement was being shipped in, the sound of cool, soothing, flowing air is a gorgeous thing. But if you're still wanting to hear some amazing music, this cover of Happy by Pharrell Williams by BYU Vocal Point makes me....well...happy. :D



Eating: Well, that's a no brainer-- obviously ice cream. On that note, do you want to know what unicorns eat? I'm no mythical animal expert, but I'm pretty sure it's vanilla ice cream drizzled with chocolate syrup and loaded with fresh strawberries and almonds. That combination is simply magical.

Dreaming: About college. There are so many decisions, I'm not sure if it's a good dream or a nightmare...but I'm pretty sure it's going to be awesome. I'm so thankful for the opportunities for education that are available to us here in America. Even though the decisions are overwhelming, it is such a privilege to be able to choose for myself what college to attend and which profession to pursue.

Watching: Studio C! Did you see this sketch last week? So funny!


Wearing: Sweat pants and a messy bun. It doesn't get much more glamorous than that, people.

Wishing: That weekends lasted longer and that I had a life long supply of strawberry banana smoothies. Also that I went to the same High School as Napolean Dynamite. We would be friends. It would be awesome.

Feeling: Sleepy. I'd better go to bed before I write anything else...this post just keeps getting weirder.

Sleep well, my friends!

Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, college prep. I remember how insane life was for me last year :) Unfortunately, the summer after you graduate high school isn't any less busy... Here's a scary thought: by this time next year, you could know your college roommate's name!

    Advice: scholarships. Finding them is no fun, filling them out is awful, they're pretty much the least fun thing to worry about, besides college applications. But you should definitely look into applying to some. There's a few I missed out on because I missed a deadline, and now I'm trying to figure out how to pay for college and I'm kicking myself for missing those deadlines.

    Best of luck with all your busy-ness, and I can't wait to read more awesome posts when you finally have time to blog (and breathe)! :D

    <3 Marie-Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaaahhhhh Marie-Rose that thought is beyond terrifying and super exciting all at the same time. haha And thank you for that advice! I will definitely start searching for scholarships. :)

      Thanks for reading and for being so awesome!

      Hugs!
      Sarah

      Delete

I love hearing from you! Comment. I dare you.

[Trust me. I only eat ice cream. Not people.]

Also, if you have a blog, feel free to leave me a link. I'd love to get to know you better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...