Friday, December 26, 2014

And She Returns

Note: This post has nothing to do with butterflies, I just felt like a picture would make it look nicer.
You're Welcome.

I am a lame blogger.

What kind of writer just drops off the face of the technological planet for over five months without any sort of explanation, cliche goodbye post, or Pinterest pin?

Me, apparently.

I wish I could write about some amazing excuse keeping me busy like hiking up Mount Everest, finding out I was half super hero and learning how to channel my powers (hey, maybe my specialty could be invisibility and disappearing? haha), or skydiving with Taylor Swift (that would be scary...especially if we fell and ended up lying on the cold hard ground...see what I did there?), but the truth is, I have been wrapped up in a swirling chaos of computer crashes, homework, doctors appointments, and chores mixed with smiles, laughter, and of course bowls of ice cream. In other words, life is what has kept me away. And I'm sorry.

You see, it's more then that. I kind of scared myself out of writing this summer. This little blog kept getting more and more views and I was like holy blogging Batman, people actually read what I write! Ordinarily, this is a most excellent predicament for a writer to be in, but this chicken soul was, well too chicken, to handle it and got caught in a perfection trap so deep that not writing at all seemed better than messing up.

Am I talking about myself in third person? This just got weird...

Anyway, try as I might, I can't stay away. I'm back, and I promise I won't be a chicken any more (unless I am doing the chicken dance in which case I reserve the right to flap my wings and cluck for all the world to see).

With a new year and a new beginning for this blog, there are going to be a few changes around here. I will still be writing about church, my favorite things, books, and Photoshop, but my scattered mind just can't handle a blogging schedule any more. The thing I have loved most about writing this blog (besides meeting amazing people) is the way I can say what I want to say and let the words fall out (why am I diving in to song lyrics again? Somebody save me from this madness! :P). I want to do that a little bit more, so I'm throwing the schedule to the wind (not that I ever followed it that well anyway <coughs nervously>).

Since it's the new year, a post of goals is basically obligatory, so here y'all are.

1. I am going to write authentically. Straight from the heart. Even if that means there are lots of chicken jokes and song lyrics. (Sorry in advance...) ;)

2. Consistency. I don't want to disappear any more. My goal is to post at least 3 times a week.

3. More sweet. As always, I want this little corner of cyberspace to be a place where people can come and remember the little things that make life special. You know the #sharegoodness thing that is going around the LDS social media community? I want this to be a place where goodness is shared.

4. Eat more ice cream. This has absolutely nothing to do with actually writing (unless you are willing to count it as research for my title and theme) but it seems like a good goal.

Fare well for now, my dear blogging friends. Thank you for understanding and hopefully not hating me for hiding under a bushel and being more chicken then the fried stuff we eat on fast food sandwiches (is that even chicken?).

Happy New Year (well, almost) !

6 comments:

  1. You're adorable, dearie :) Also, totally guilty of pretty much the same thing... Plus I suck at getting around to reading other people's posts. Bad Marie-Rose. Super excited to read more of your snazzy posts when you have time to write and I have time to read :)

    <3 Marie-Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marie-Rose! You are amazing and adorable yourself! I can't even imagine how busy you must be with chem and fashion and everything in between. Oh, what I have to look forward to next year. haha :D It will be fun to see you when you can stop by!

      Hugs!
      Sarah

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you are back! My blogger feed has been lonely and a little less amazing without you:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shelby! I've missed y'all too! <3

      Delete
  3. I was literally laughing out loud at the Taylor Swift joke... so funny!
    I seriously love your blog so much! I've missed seeing your posts, but I'm totally guilty of doing the same thing every once and a while and I defiantly have similar blog goals for this year! Keep blogging! You're one of my favorite chickens!

    -Whit :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Comment. I dare you.

[Trust me. I only eat ice cream. Not people.]

Also, if you have a blog, feel free to leave me a link. I'd love to get to know you better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...