Monday, December 29, 2014

Music Monday: Tiffany Alvord

Ha. After my freeing post regarding, and I quote, "throwing the blogging schedule to the wind", here I am following it. Ironic, I know, but today's spotlight music artist is so cool you'll probably forgive me.

You know those songs that make you say "Omgoodness this is my Jam! I love the beat, rhythm, sound, and 97.85% of the lyrics, but not that one part that makes me blush as bright as Rudolph's nose and want to hide under my For the Strength of Youth Pamphlet"?

I have many of those songs. But alas, dear friends, I have found a solution!

In addition to combing her gorgeous voice with great music arrangements and stunning videography, many of Tiffany Alvord's videos save me and thousands of other Youtubers from the 2.15% of lyrics in popular songs that just aren't up to par with LDS standards. (Yes I just had to use a calculator to subtract my random made-up percentage from 100. #my brain is too tired to math #finals were brutal) 

You've probably seen her song covers and original pieces around the internet, but in case you haven't, here are some of my favorites.

Note: You may spend the next 3.74 (Great. There I go with weird numbers again) hours on Youtube rocking out to amazing songs and soaking in the awesomeness instead of being productive. You have been warned.

1. All About That Bass Cover

I love Alvord's version of All About That Bass because it has the fun beat of Trainor's original while replacing the questionable phrases and swear words with a message about real beauty. Plus, Alvord's witty take on bass (think baseball base, bass instruments, and bass fish) can't be beat.


2. Titanium Cover

I don't think there were any blush-inducing lyrics in the original, but I just couldn't help include this cover in my list of faves. While Alvord strays a bit from the fierce feel of the ballad and goes for a more heartfelt approach, she conveys the emotion of this piece very eloquently.


3. Magic

This is one of Alvord's original songs. I really like the theme she used. What's not to love about magic? That mixed with such a great beat makes for a catchy song that I may or may not get stuck in my head on a daily basis. But I'm not even mad. It's a cool song.


4. We are Never Ever Getting Back Together Cover

I just can't do a post about music covers without including some Taylor. This cover is the bomb. And it makes me want to play my guitar by a swimming pool.



5. Out of the Woods Cover

I know, more Taylor. I just can't help it. This cover of Out of the Woods is simply enchanting. It has a much softer feel than the original song, but I love it. And the videography? Amazing. 



So there you have it, folks. Productivity = temporarily destroyed, but at least you'll have great music to dance to, right?

Happy Listening!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this! I have been listening to them while I do my homework (fun times right?) and I may or may not have had a few private dance parties in my room;) You always have the best music Mondays- thanks for your awesome recommendations!
    Have a great day!
    -Shelby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you have been enjoying them and that they helped make homework slightly more pleasant. And hahaha I have private dance parties in my room more often than I'd like to admit. ;)

      Delete
  2. I've been listening to this girl on Youtube for awhile! She is pretty awesome :) Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Comment. I dare you.

[Trust me. I only eat ice cream. Not people.]

Also, if you have a blog, feel free to leave me a link. I'd love to get to know you better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...