Monday, January 26, 2015

Music Monday: Interview With Zac from Beyond 5


I have to admit that Music Mondays are some of my favorite posts to write, but this week is extra special. Do you remember this post I wrote about Beyond 5 after I saw them in concert? I don't usually feature music groups more than once, but Beyond 5 has been up to some amazing things over the last couple of years that are just too awesome not to write about.

Here's the scoop: amidst touring Asia and the US, releasing several albums and singles, and even performing on ABC's Rising Star, several of the band members have decided to put their careers on hold and serve missions. While I will miss having new songs to download, I really admire their faith and their willingness to serve the Lord.



Today, we are fortunate enough to hear from Zac Love (the one wearing red in the picture above) about his recent decision to serve a mission. But first, here's a little background info on him from the Beyond 5 Official Website:
Zac was born in San Antonio, Texas while his father was stationed at Randolph Air Force Base. His interests range from music to competitive sports to studying history and psychology. Zac attended Clearfield High School where he was active in student leadership, soccer, and singing with a performing group that represented his school at sporting events and regional high school dance competitions. Zac is passionate about music and loves sharing his talents with others. He served abroad in Guatemala helping to build a daycare and a school in small towns there. Zac looks forward to attending college in the future to continue his education.
Image Source
Sarah: How has music helped you become closer to God?

Zac: Music is the sole reason why I am closer to God. Without the friends who I have met through music, I know that I would be worse off than I am today. I also feel most connected to my Heavenly Father when I am able to sing and play music. Music is able to break through language and cultural barriers to connect people from all over the world. Not many things are able to do that! By connecting with people through music, I am able to see its purpose here on earth. To create joy and happiness and to bring God's children together, and I love that! The more I have been able to share my talents, the closer I have felt to my Heavenly Father.

Sarah: Was it hard to choose between missions and the music business?

Zac: I would be lying if I said that it was an easy choice to serve a mission instead of staying in the music business!! Don't get me wrong, I've always wanted to serve, but I didn't anticipate a thing like Beyond 5 happening! I think the decision was so hard because it was a decision between two really great things. I have changed SO MUCH these past two years because of this band. My band mates and the team around us have been an incredible influence in my life that I will never forget. That being said, I know that there are things that I can do and learn on a mission that I wouldn't be able to do anywhere else. So I'm ready and excited for these next two years, wherever they may be!!

Sarah: Do you have any advice for teens who are facing big decisions in their lives?

Zac: Teens facing big decisions...talk to someone about whatever it is! Parents can be a HUGE help in this category. Believe it or not, they were once our age too and yes, they've been through the exact same things. If that's not an option...teachers, church leaders, friends, and even other family members can give you a different perspective that might just be what you need! And of course there is always our loving Heavenly Father. ALWAYS. Come to Him through prayer with a sincere heart and real intent and you will receive guidance and answers in your life. I know that to be true. I've witnessed His hand in my own life on numerous occasions and especially in making big decisions. So try it!


Beyond 5's most recent album, Faithful, is a beautiful compilation of hymns that reflect the convictions and various religious beliefs held by the band members. I you liked their pop music, you'll love their album of sacred songs. It blew me away.

You can get a glimpse of the album through the videos below. Faithful is available on iTunes and Spotify.





Thank you so much, Zac, for doing this interview! And thank you to all of the Beyond 5 members for inspiring us with your beautiful music and courageous examples.

Happy Monday, everyone!

4 comments:

  1. The name of the band didn't ring a bell and I don't think I've ever seen Zac before. But what a fun interview!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool! I loved the interview! Their music is pretty awesome, but I think it is even awesomer (not sure that's a word) that he has decided to go on a mission!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! Thanks for reading, Shelby!

      Delete

I love hearing from you! Comment. I dare you.

[Trust me. I only eat ice cream. Not people.]

Also, if you have a blog, feel free to leave me a link. I'd love to get to know you better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...