Monday, January 19, 2015

Snowflakes by Olivia Holt


This December, Olivia Holt released a new song called Snowflakes. I love it like Olaf likes summer and whipped cream loves hot cocoa. Maybe more. The guitar part? Swoon worthy. The melody? To die for. The message? Fantastic.

As I mentioned in this post, I've been feeling pretty overwhelmed with all the choices coming up in my life. It's pretty scary to realize you have to choose where you'll go to school, if you'll go on a mission, what you'll study, what job you'll prepare for, and what you want to do with your life, all while you still have to ask permission to go to the bathroom and sing the ABC's to put stuff in alphabetical order. Ah, the joys of senior year. :P

As I've been stressing and trying to plan everything out to the very last detail, I've learned something-- it doesn't matter how much logic I use, how much time I spend prepping, or how cute my planner is, there's always going to be someone with a better plan than me-- God.

It is so comforting to know that I can put my life in someone's hands who knows the big picture, sees what I am capable of, and will lead and guide me to become the very best person I can be. 

I think everyone is on that journey-- of learning to trust Heavenly Father and find our place in this life.

In the words of Olivia:
Some people spend their whole life in the clouds,
Some ride the wind and never hit the ground.
Some will shine like diamonds in the sun,
Heaven sent down each and every one.

We are snowflakes,
Floating till we find our place.
From a distance we may look the same,
but we're beautiful in our own way.
We are snowflakes.
We are all just like snowflakes, floating along until we find our place. But we're not alone.
I love how Olivia points out that Heavenly Father sent down each and every one of us. As His children, we are "beautiful in our own way[s]". He has given us each special talents and abilities to help us fulfill our missions here on this earth, and He will be with us every single step of the way.

With this knowledge, we don't need to worry about the future. We only need to do our best to move forward and trust in an all-knowing, all-loving God.

You could say this knowledge melts my fears. Yes, I went there.

Happy Monday!




4 comments:

  1. Great post! This song is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love it, too!

      Hugs!
      Sarah

      Delete
  2. Love this song :-) Best wishes to you on your life's journey and in all that you do!
    Cathy@ three kids and a fish

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Comment. I dare you.

[Trust me. I only eat ice cream. Not people.]

Also, if you have a blog, feel free to leave me a link. I'd love to get to know you better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...