Tuesday, February 3, 2015

The Track On Which We Run

I have this thing with goals.

I tend to think they have to be as big and grandiose as an elephant parading across a golden pathway lined with toucans that are playing trumpets next to monkeys clanging little tiny finger symbols. (Phew! That was a long sentence!) <gasps for breath> <suddenly wants a monkey with finger symbols>

But they're not always that way.

As President Hinckley so eloquently states in the quote below, it's the little things we do on a daily basis that end up coming together to get us on the right path.


I'm to the point in the year where I kind of forget about my New Year's resolutions. (I know...it's only been a month since January. <blushes>) They're still floating in my brain, it's just they keep getting pushed around by some overbearing tasks named homework and college applications and their archenemy procrastination (whom I might add comes with an entire posse of BFF's named Netflix, Pinterest, and ice cream. :P). #thestruggleisreal

The truth is, goals can just be straight-up overwhelming sometimes; but they don't have to be. I love that President Hinckley didn't say our direction was set by moving mountains or leading a parade elephants. They may seem inconsequential, but it really is the day to day choices we make that end up charting "the track on which we run".

So, my friends, if you, like me, are feeling a little overwhelmed with your to-do list right now, take a step back, look at what you really want out of the next week, month, and even year, and make sure what you're doing each day is getting you closer to those goals. Chances are, some things that seem super stressful right now will look pretty unimportant through that lens.

Here's to rebooting, remembering those goals, and sticking to them like a piece of bubblegum underneath a desk in Pre-Calculus (sorry for that mental picture). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Comment. I dare you.

[Trust me. I only eat ice cream. Not people.]

Also, if you have a blog, feel free to leave me a link. I'd love to get to know you better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...