Sunday, March 22, 2015

Music Monday: Favorite 5


Holy scheduling issues, Batman.

As I mentioned at the end of this post, I had marvelous bloggy plans for these last two weeks. Yes, ma'am, I sure did. Then, life happened. Read: My English teacher decided it would be fun to assign a lot of essays in a very short amount of time.

I am now very pleased to report that the whirlwind is over, and I am back. Hallelujah for spring break and the ending of midterms! (And also for ice cream grocery store runs, while we're on the subject of awesome happenings).

One thing I love about music is that no matter how crazy life gets, it can still be incorporated into even the busiest of schedules (even if all I can manage is a mini jam session during the car ride to school or a five minute longer-than-it-should-have-been YouTube break). 

With that in mind, here are 5 songs that I'm loving right now. Mind you, some of them aren't exactly hot off the press . . . err recording studio, but sometimes the oldies are the besties, right?

1. Heartbeat Song covered by Tiffany Alvord and Tanner Patrick

Since I wrote this post, it should be no secret that I'm a great admirer of Tiffany's work, and this new release is no exception. I love the acoustic vibe! (And the clean edits are great!) Also, can we just talk for a second about the cabin-esque room the music video is filmed in? It makes me want to camping so badly! Summer, please come (but not too quickly because I'm not ready for finals yet :P).




2. The Heart of Dixie by Danielle Bradbery 

I love the message of strength this song presents. No matter how hard life gets, we can always find hope and healing. And Danielle's voice is totally amazing. Also, butterflies. 



3. California by Mindy Gledhill

I have loved this song for a long time, but I recently found this live version and I am blown away! Mindy's recorded music is amazing, but I never realized how fabulous it was unedited, too! I think it's so fun to hear the authentic sound of artists without all the electronic photoshop-for-sound stuff (obviously I'm super knowledgable about the technical names for sound editing). Plus, this song makes me want to pack my bags and travel the world. A girl can dream, right?



4. Irreplaceable by Madilyn Paige

I don't follow The Voice super closely, but I'm all for cheering on another LDS girl. I really admire Madilyn's commitment to her standards and the message of this song is so beautiful.


5. 1989 Medley by the Gardiner Sisters

You knew some Taylor was coming, didn't you. #sorrynotsorry

I love this mash-up! Style has been stuck in my head all week, and I have to say it fits in great with All you Had To Do Was Stay and Out of the Woods. And the harmonies? Brilliant.







What songs have you been loving lately?

Blog to you soon,






2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the soundtrack to my nightly session of surfing the Internet looking for reasons not to go to bed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I'm glad to help. ;) Thanks for reading!

      Hugs!
      Sarah

      Delete

I love hearing from you! Comment. I dare you.

[Trust me. I only eat ice cream. Not people.]

Also, if you have a blog, feel free to leave me a link. I'd love to get to know you better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...