Monday, March 9, 2015

The Sweet Things in My Life: Spring Edition

First off, I'm so sorry for disappearing so unexpectedly this last week. I have wonderful news that totally makes up for it though (at least I think it does) . . . <insert mandatory drumroll here>

I got in to my dream school!!!

Read: BYU Provo had better watch out because this ice cream eating nerd is headed its way!

I needed to meet with the admissions office and tour campus (and the cafeteria) before I could accept their offer, so I hurried off to Utah on a whim without a draft or scheduled post in sight. So, I'm sorry for the silence, but so excited for this new opportunity I can hardly breathe (or sleep. or eat. or think about pretty much anything else #obsessedinthebestwaypossible). 

To celebrate this joyous moment, I thought it would be fun to share some of the things (in addition to my scholarly dreams coming true) that are making my life sweet right now. Let's get to it, shall we?

1. MONTHLY MANTRA

Can you believe it's already March? Almost a third of the way through, to be exact. (And the third quarter of school is finished? When did that happen?)

I don't know about you, but as I mentioned in this post, as soon as spring time hits it gets harder and harder for me to focus on school work instead of sunshine, popsicles, beaches, and all things summer. (Maybe my name should be Olaf?)

I must conquer this distraction, however, because even though I've already been accepted to my school of choice, I've still got to stay strong, keep my GPA up, and avoid senioritis as much as possible so I can graduate. (P.S. Anyone who says senioritis isn't real is lying or some kind of super hero or something). 

Anyway, one night while I was lying awake at 3 a.m. (does that ever happen to you?) I thought of this little play on the month's name. Naturally, I had to Photoshop it, so here you go:

Spring is all about new birth and growth, so no matter what comes my way this month, I am determined to keep moving forward through my own new beginnings. Going to college and moving away is totally scary, but it is such a blessing. Here's to marching onward this month and throughout 2015!

Image Source

2. DAYLIGHT SAVINGS MEME

My Government showed us this meme in class today, and I had a hard time containing my laughter. This Princess Bride connection describes the feeling of lost sleep quite perfectly, am I right?

3. COCONUT HAIR MASK

My Mom and I picked up this hair mask for $1.99 at Target a few weeks ago, and it has left my usually frizzy mane so soft and silky. Plus, it smells like coconut, which smells like the beach, so that's a major perk. (See #1)

$1.99 might seem pricey for such a small packet of hair treatment, but I was able to get 4 washes out of it and I have crazy thick hair. If you're looking for a mini-spa treatment or just want to smell like Samoa Girl Scout Cookies, give this a go.



4. BEACHBODY'S NEW INSANITY SHAKE - STUDIO C

While we were in Utah, we had a quick break in the afternoon and were watching some afternoon television while I got dressed for my senior pictures. A crazy informercial came on for some new diet program and we left it on purely for entertainment purposes. The show's consensus? Dog food is apparently healthier than most of what we eat. I'm pretty sure this shake from Studio C trumps even the aforementioned canine superfood, though. Well, it, and ice cream. ;)

Image Source
5. LOTR ROYALS PARODY

Have you seen this parody of Lorde's Royals done all about Lord of the Rings? It's absolutely brilliant!

'Cause we're going to Moooooordor! (Moooooordor)

Can you hear it? It's been stuck in my head for weeks (and I'm not even mad). Speaking of LOTR, this meme describes my life so accurately, I'm not sure it's even funny . . . (jk it totally is).


Image Source

I'd better go catch some shut-eye before Daylight Savings time sucks any more life out of me. Stay tuned for some fun posts this week! (Hint: Modest formals and study tips might be involved).

4 comments:

  1. CONGRATS ON BYU!! That is so exciting! Your trip sounds super fun too- I'd love to hear more about it! This was a super fun post! I will totally be trying that coconut hair mask! I tried the aussie 3 minute miracle you recommended before and it works great! I also love the play on words, I'm not a Senior but I have definitely been feeling the finals-are-coming-and-I-just-wish-it-was-summer slump:) Thanks for being so awesome!
    -Shelby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Shelby! I'm so glad you liked the conditioner! It is my favorite!

      Thank YOU for being awesome!

      Hugs!
      Sarah

      Delete
  2. CONGRATS!!!! And omg, I seriously snarfed my soda over that Princess Bride meme.. haha.. I love it! <3 - www.domesticgeekgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And hahaha I love that meme too. I'm glad it brightened your day, and I hope you didn't choke on your soda too badly. :P #chockingonsodahurts #onceitcameoutofmynose

      Delete

I love hearing from you! Comment. I dare you.

[Trust me. I only eat ice cream. Not people.]

Also, if you have a blog, feel free to leave me a link. I'd love to get to know you better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...